Friday, February 18, 2011

Spring Fever

I must say that I love Fridays. Sping is definately in the air here in Wisconsin. The weather has been warm(er) and the snow has been melting. So much that there is a lake (what used to be a field) behind my back yard.
If you look into the distance and see the shed to the left - you can see the lake.... lots of snow melting... haha

The warmer weathe the sun shining definately gives a girl spring fever and ready to take a vacation!!!

I am happy this week is coming to an end, it has been a busy, eventful week with a day full of training, a meal celebrating love, a full day at a mortgage conference for work and the rest of the days catching up.

I am planning a small vacation in mid March and have been taking my workouts & eats very seriously as of late. Only about a month away & I want to be in tip top shape.
Since the beginning of 2011 it has been a major goal of mine to stick with a mostly GREEN diet meaning lots of vegetables each and every day. I must say that I am definately surprising myself and it really is not that hard to re-train your taste buds to enjoy a healthier diet. I have a very clean diet lately, I can't remember the last time I ate processed foods... besides Boca Vegan Crumbles in my chili... does that count?

I have been using my eliptical DAILY. No excuses there. I use it a minimum of 30 minutes and sometimes a full hour. I am pushing myself and keep increasing the intensity of the workouts to make sure I am actually getting something from the cardio. I find that my upper body tones up pretty easily (such as my arms & chest) but my thighs, hamstrings and glutes take longer... I am sure many struggle with this. I have been focusing a lot more on abdonminals lately as well. I did a 20 minute Body by Jake "Rock Hard Abs" workout a few times this week as well as some YogaWorks Fit Abs. I love Jackie Warner's upper body workout as well.

(Getting ready for the at home workout session)

My diet has been 90% vegan and I feel great. I haven't had any fish since I used the last shrimp from New Years Eve to make Shrimp Alfredo. No Friday fish fry for this girl. To be honest I haven't missed it. I would rather eat a dish with cheese in it then fish at the moment. However I also haven't been out for sushi in a longgggg time and hopefully I can be satisfied with a veggie roll :) I knew it would take a little time but eventually I would be done with fish for good.

I tried a new Kombucha flavor today and I must say Mystic Mango is my new favorite.


I was craving some "tacos" and had everything to make them but could not find my beloved Ezekiel wraps anywhere when I stopped at the local grocery store.

I made a taco salad instead.

Black & Pinto Beans mashed with spinach, tomato, poblano pepper, onion, jalepeno, vegan veggie cheese shreds and vegan sour cream with a couple blue chips crumbled on top for some crunch. I have an abundance of vegan sour cream since it is VERY rare that they have it at the regular grocery store.So I stocked up... I think some vegan taco dip is in my future... haha

I also had to use up an avacado so I made this incredibly delicious guacamole.




Poblano Guacamole
1 avacado mashed
1/2 tomato chopped
onion
fresh jalepeno
1/2 small poblano pepper chopped
salt to taste (I normally don't add in salt)
lime juice

I really thought the poblano brought out an interesting taste and I love spicy food so this worked out great for me! I was also trying to use up what was on hand...

I hope your Friday is going great and I hope you enjoy your weekend!!!


Nichole

1 comment:

  1. Thats so great that you've been sticking to your new years resolution!! I cannot believe that "lake" is just from snow melting!! Insane!

    ReplyDelete