Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cheerleading & My Favorite Restaurant

Today at my house we were all rooting for my favorite football team, The Green Bay Packers!

Kaiya is a Packer fan :)
The Packers beat The Eagles (and Michael VICK HAHAHAHAA) in their first playoff game today. Final score Green Bay 21, Eagles 16.


How was your weekend? I had a nice weekend, I got in some quality family time with my brother and visited my mother as well. Friday night I had dinner with my little brother who lives in Stevens Point, WI because he goes to college there. However he was in town this past weekend and we went and had a healthy dinner.

This was taken when we went out for his birthday in December. Sibling Love <3 I absolutely adore my little bro and I am so proud of him. He is amazing.

Back to the dinner. We went to the never upsetting, always great... Cafe Manna.

Vegetarian, Organic... GREATNESS.

This is what happens when we were too hungry to remember to break out the camera before indulging in the Walnut Guacamole Potato Skins.
These were served with a "ancho cashew sour cream" we loved it.


My brother had the Savory Sandwich.
Portobello mushroom, grilled eggplant, feta, roasted peppers and caramelized onions, served on toasted rosemary olive bread brushed with house made pesto.



I had special, Truffle Polenta Lasagna. It had a macadamia nut cheese, with onions and mushrooms layed inbetween the polenta. Also had a tomato sauce which was sweet and reminded me of my own spaghetti sauce. This was really good, and even though I couldn't finish it there, I took it home and reheated it tonight (Sunday) and it was still yummy.

I really enjoy going to Cafe Manna and it is definately my favorite restaurant.

Moving on to dessert...

Raw Ch-Ch-Cheeeesecake..

Oh. my GOODNESS. We shared this and even though we were too stuffed to finish our dinners we consumed this whole cakey deliciousness.

I definately can't wait to head back to Cafe Manna and try more of their culinary creations.

I also visited my mother and her pups!! How cute :)


Hope you have a great Monday!

Nichole

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy GB beat the Iggles. I am a Redskins fan but didnt want them to win... Your dinner and dessert looks amazing! I wish we had restaurants like that around here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I wish there were more around as well. You would think Milwaukee would have more vegan/vegetarian restaurants around, but not really. I am SO excited for next weeks game!!!

    ReplyDelete