Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2 Kinds of Alfredo - Vegan & Not

Good morning!

I thought I would share my 2 alfredo trials today, I made these a couple days ago. My boyfriend is not a vegetarian/vegan so I made 2 versions so he could enjoy as well.



Creamy Alfredo Sauce (pictured with shrimp and broccoli)

Let 1/2 cup butter melt over med-low heat
add 8 oz of cream cheese
slowly whisk in 1-1/2 cusp of half and half
add 1/2 tablespoon garlic
pepper to taste
whisk until all lumps are out and warm for 5 - 10 minutes until you reach desired consistancy

This is the first time I have made a homemade alfredo and we were all very pleased with the outcome. Also I wanted to have you know that my love of seafood is dissapearing on me. I didn't eat any shrimp after having 1, and I didn't enjoy it at all. I knew eventually I would give it up but I didn't think it would be this soon. Either way I am happy to do what my body is encouraging :)

Hope you have a great day!!

I am still keeping it GREEN! I will have an update on that later :)


Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment