Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Some Amazing Tofu & Stir Fry

When I first decided to go vegetarian (almost 2 years in January) I started to explore other options and meat subsitutes. I have always like tofu just didn't know how to make it properly. I knew that tofu would absorb the flavors that you are cooking with and conform to that dish (mostly). The first time I attempted to make tofu kind of ruined it for me for long time. I hated it, I choked it down and threw away all the leftovers that had any tofu touching it, or I feed it to Kujo. One of the two.

Well my friends I am happy to say that I made some fabulous Tofu Stir Fry that I can seriously brag about. So fabulous that I have to share the recipe.



Tofu Stir Fry

  • 1 Package Extra Firm Tofu
  • Light Soy Sauce
  • Ginger
  • Onion
  • Green Onions
  • Vegetables of Choice
  • Red Pepper Flakes
  • Garlic
  • Garlic Powder
  • Cooking oil of choice, I used olive oil

Try to get rid of any excess water in the tofu by pressing it.

Chop into small cubes (bite size).


Get your oil, soy sauce & garlic heating up to get the flavors going.


Season tofu with garlic powder, red pepper flakes and ginger (just enough to cover the tofu).

After a few minutes I tossed in the mushrooms and onion - just because I like them cooked well, not raw or crunchy for that matter.

I believe the real trick here is to let the tofu cook awhile, about 20 minutes (over med-low heat) until its browned, that's when it becomes the most delicious.




Add in the remainder of veggies that you want and stir fry for a few minutes or until cooked to desired consistency.

Enjoy. I did multiple times. For dinner and lunch until it was all gone. I bragged and even showed pictures of it on facebook. haha yea I did. It was that good.

Nichole







No comments:

Post a Comment