Monday, November 23, 2009

Kabocha Squash Soup & Spaghetti

I made Kabocha Squash Soup over the weekend and I got the recipe from the book, The Kind Diet.




I cut up one Kabocha Squash (not an easy task), peeling the green skin was tough. It yielded approx. 4 1/2 cups of squash, I added 3 1/2 cups of water and a pinch of fine sea salt brought to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. I mashed it with a masher and continued to cook another 10 minutes or so. This soup is so naturally delicious, I would assume making any type of squash soup the same way. Here is my finished product with fresh parsley sprinkled on top...





I also made Spaghetti over the weekend - Vegetarian spaghetti that is.





1 lb. of Smart Ground (veggie crumbles)
1 green pepper
mushrooms
onion
fresh garlic, basil & italian seasoning
tomato paste/sauce/juice

I put these together and cooked for about 15 minutes, also had whole wheat spaghetti noodles.

Very simple basic vegetarian meal that everyone can enjoy! I recommend using the veggie crumbles in chili & spaghetti dishes and see if anyone even notices ;)

I hope everyone has a very Healthy & Happy Thanksgiving!!

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment