Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Intro.

Since January 2009 I have been a pescetarian, which means I am not a vegetarian because I eat fish; however I do not eat any other animal. I have been "flirting" with the idea of becoming vegan, however that maybe a very hard step for me to take. I thought a blog might help me with sharing ideas and getting ideas & putting more effort into my meals and share them as well. For the past year I have been using plenty of meat substitutes that have kept me fulfilled with any meaty "cravings" I might be having. I want to take the next step of cooking with whole grains as my staple food instead of the soy protein/meat substitutes/fish.

Definition of flirting: to court triflingly or act amorously without serious intentions. I say flirting because I may or may not have serious intentions depending on how my body reacts to my food "experiments". I was told by some friends that I have to throw away all my leather belts, jackets, shoes etc.. if I want to be vegan, I am not ready to throw things away because of my new chosen diet lifestyle, I understand completely and I am going to do my best for future purchases to buy animal friendly and non-cruelty purchases, but to throw away stuff I am getting use out of now seems ridiculously silly. I am only making these changes for myself, not to impress anyone or make anyone upset because I am not fully a vegan or fully a vegetarian, it's my life and my decisions on what I want to put into my body. I love to eat cheese, I am trying to keep myself from buying my usual sharp cheddar by the block like I usually do.

Since my new found pescetarianism I have lost 15lbs. I was hitting the gym a lot harder during the winter and spring months and summer I was barely ever at the gym, doing more running outside and trying to keep active outside rather than inside the gym. I am about 5'2 and currently 119lbs. Beginning of the year (2009) I was around 135lbs. I slowly lost the weight and kept it off due to my new eating habits, and I can honestly say it is not just due to cutting the red meat out of my diet, it was an overall change of my eating habits. I prepare most of my food at home, try to eat as much raw fruits and veggies as possible. Also avoiding fast food at all costs, except my veggie subs which are delicious!

I figured a blog is a neat way to meet people interested in cooking healthy & sharing ideas. I am trying to balance all the things I love along with my full time career, my loving family, fitness, and my love for fashion - so naturally I love to shop and love reading about fashion trends.

I am hoping to have lots of interesting recipes to share with you all! All while experiencing new foods myself.

Hope you have a great day!

Nichole

1 comment:

  1. First comment, first follower!!! I love you cousin!!

    ~Justine

    ReplyDelete