Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Weekend Eats

Hellllllllllllllo.

This weekend I decided it was time to clean out the freezer. I had 2 packages of frozen fish in there from a trip to Whole Foods last summer. I decided it was time to make the swordfish and mahi mahi.

Friday night it was Swordfish with a Balsamic Butter Sauce....


Balsamic Butter Sauce
2 T Vegan Butter
2 T Balsamic Vinegar
2 T Honey
1 T yellow or dijon mustard

Saturday night I had the samething (it was great, but actually had the balsamic vinegar this time, I used apple cider vinegar on Friday night).

I also made Angela's  3 Minute Breakfast Carrot Cake at Oh She Glows for breakfast on Sunday morning.
She is right this is to die for! I love carrot cake & this smelled just like there was one baking while it was cooking in the microwave!


I followed her recipe to the T except I didn't use raisins and I topped my oats with coconut butter. Let me say this one thing, I will be making this over and over again :)

Breakfast Carrot Cake
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 almonds or walnuts
3 carrots peeled and chopped
2 t pure vanilla
1/2 banana
2 t pumpkin pie spice
1 scoop Spirutein protein powder (vanilla)
1 and 1/4 cups almond, soy, rice etc. milk

Blend all ingredients together and pour into microwave safe bowl and microwave for an estimated 3 minutes, I added more almond milk and cashew butter, maple syrup and additional almonds for my toppings.

Sunday night I decided to try a Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi...




Ginger Glaze
3 T honey
3 T soy sauce
3 T balsamic vinegar
1 t ginger
1 clove of garlic chopped
2 t olive oil

Mix together ingredients and marinate fish. Heat oil in large skillet (I used add'l olive oil) & fry fish for about 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork. Remove fish from pan and heat leftover marinade until it becomes a glaze constinency and pour over fish.

I had this with some roasted Kabocha Squash....

Baked at 345 degress for 45 - 50 minutes - perfect!
I really enjoyed scooping the squash and mashing it with some vegan butter - love it!!!!

I recently bought a salad dressing mix from a Wildtree party that I went to and let me tell you how much I am really enjoying this stuff. All you do is mix the natural grapeseed oil with some apple cider vinegar along with the Italian Dressing mix and you have a delicious homemade dressing. I have been enjoying this on many salads as of late...

Lastly I have been having plenty of my Green Smoothies after workouts for max. protein absorption.

-1 Banana
-4 strawberries
-2 handfuls of spinach
-chocolate Spirutein protein powder
-T Flax Oil
-1/2 unsweetened almond milk

Amazing how this little green drink can be so packed full of nutrients and enzymes and so delicious at the sametime.


Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment