Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's all pays off

It is such a great feeling to know all your HARD work is finally starting to payoff. I have been in the gym sweating on average 6 days a week for the last 2 months. Let me tell you, it is easy to get comfortable with the cardio sessions and I am trying hard to keep challenging myself...
5 miles on the eliptical machine - CHECK! :) This took me 60 minutes to accomplish but it was a great sweat session to say the least!!

I have a Florida vacation planned for the end of April so I have got more time to tone up before I hit the beach but this girl will not be taking many rest days until then!

The picture above is from my workout yesterday evening and since I have my favorite masseuse coming over this evening to give me a much needed massage, I decided to work out this morning. I must say that I really enjoy my evening work outs better than the morning ones. I am thinking I have a little too much on my mind in the morning, like planning out my work day.

Before my work out I had a Green Smoothie...



- frozen mangos
- frozen strawberries
-2 handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp organic flax oil

This gave me the energy to really pump out some sweat in the gym this morning, however I had only been 12 hours since I was in the gym for a 2 hour workout session last night, so I was a little tired.

Dinner last night was a large plate of steamed vegetables..

- Carrots
- Asparagus
- Broccoli
- Brussel Sprouts

I couldn't eat this all... but I was hungry right before bedtime so I had a small cup of granola cereal with almond milk, that did the trick and I slept great.

I don't like going to the gym on an empty stomach, I get way too hungry working out and almost feel week. Since I don't eat meat I find it easy for me to work out on a full belly on veggies. I don't feel bloated after eating a ton of vegetables. I think because they are so easily digested that it doesn't give my body cramps when doing cardio.

What are your workout habits? Do you eat before or afterwards? Or possibly both like me?

Think of the polar bears... :)

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment