Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Clean House.

 I have been having so much looking at all the bloggies Food Buzz festival blog posts. Amazing pictures and looks like everyone had an amazing time.

Meanwhile I have been busy busy busy. Does life ever stop and slow down a bit? Not really. At least it hasn't for awhile for me. I have been on the go go go!!!

I am ALMOST ready to rent out the old duplex. Problem is just when I think I am ready I find out something else needs to be done. Something else broke, the basement isn't clean ETC!!!!

So last Friday I designated to cleaning up that old place. I washed walls and sure they looked purty in a picture...
In reality they really need to be painted. This house is old, really old. Built in 1912. One of the original farm houses in the little city, I am sure. When we were remodeling the kitchen we found paperwork in the walls from the 1920's in regards to insuring, refinancing or selling the home. I found that very interesting.
Anyway the walls are plaster. It would be very expensive at this point to have them drywalled so I opted for some "knock down" or texture on the walls. This was done over the weekend and it looks like this..

I am sure 110% better once there is some new paint on the walls. Which I am planning to do tonight. *sigh*
At least everything is taped up and ready for primer and paint!!

Moving on to dinner yesterday... it was a little of this and a little of that. Nothing too exciting.
Re-heated sweet potato fries in the toaster over. A little burnt and crispy.


Salad with spinach, cucumbers, walnuts, cranberries and goat cheese.
SO GOOD! Eating these until the goat cheese is all gone!

Happy HUMP Day!

Nichole




 

No comments:

Post a Comment