Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Alaskan Feasting & Refried Black Beans

My birthday was back in August and my dad sent me a large box full of delicious, wild Alaskan seafood. I recieved 2 large salmon filets, 2 smoked salmon filets, 2 large bags of frozen shrimp, and scallops. Thus far I have made honey salmon with aspargus.......
Marinate fish in honey glaze for a couple hours before grilling. This fish turned out fantastic! I also made scallop scampi by cooking the scallops in a white wine, butter, garlic mixture, and topped over pasta. The shrimp have just been boiled and enjoyed with cocktail sauce. I am slowly devouring the whole box of seafood!

One of my favorite foods has got be authentic mexican food. My Grandma is the best at making it. I love love love, did I mention LOVE her refried beans?!?!?!
It is always a treat eating them whatever she prepares along side of them. I recently took some leftover beans home and made Huevos Rancheros for breakfast!
When I am at home I do my best to re-create a vegan pinto refried bean dish. I was completely out of pinto beans, so I decided to use the black beans I had instead.

Vegan Refried Black Beans
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 TBSP Earth Balance or other Vegan Butter
  • Salt & Pepper to Taste
Bring beans and butter to a boil, remove from heat mash and add salt and pepper to taste.
ENJOY!

I love to put mine into a Ezekial wrap, add avacado, spinach, tomato and jalepenos. It is sooo good and this picture is making my mouth water because I am hungry for lunch right now as well!

If you try it let me know how you like it! Easy way to enjoy some vegan mexican dish at your home!

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment