Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stuck in a Rut

Hey friends. I haven't been feeling all that well lately. Since I got back from vacation I have been seriously stuck in a rut. Not working out, not eating the best, drinking too often, sugar binges.... etc. I have started to notice my attitude, outlook, sleep habits, and eating habits starting to evolve into a way I wasn't proud of. After all it has been a whole month since I have been back from California. Well enough is enough and I need to stop making excuses & get back to business. If I can make an excuse, let me tell you this - I have been to 4 funerals in April and I believe we got a total of 5 days with sunshine (maybe less)? Needless to say it has been quite the depressing, ugly month. However I am ready to get back to the correct swing of things that worked for me.

I am back to drinking my hot lemon water in the morning before exercising on my eliptical for 40 minutes. (Today was day 2)
I am back to my clean eating ways and have cut off drinking alcohol (excessively during the week).

I made some delicious detox soup and hope I feel better in a week or so and can get back into weight lifting soon.
Don't let these cute faces decieve you. The one on the left (Kujo) thought it might be fun to chase some geese while I was walking him on Easter and pulled me down and hurt my shoulder. It's been really sore for about 3 days now and seems to be getting better. I am hoping so since I am eager to lift some weights :)

I made some really delicious tofu yesterday - all I did was let it marinate for 1-2 hours in Teriakyi and Honey - (after pressing water out + slicing) and baked at 425 degrees for 25 minutes - flipping once.



I love the leftovers on a sandwich!!!! Veganaise and mustard, tofu and spinach - yum!

Wish me luck in the next couple weeks that I can get back on track and keep my progress updated here :)

Question: What do you do to help you get out of being in a rut?

Baby Silas says "Hi" <3

Nichole

2 comments:

  1. I think what helps keep me motivated is having a workout/running partner. It keeps me from not getting too drunk on Saturday nights for our 10 am Sunday morning runs.

    I also like workout clases! They get me excited too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been the sameee way!! Ever since I got back from vacation which was March 17th...not cool i tell ya! I just got out of it t hough and I'm trying to stick with it - i just posted some tips on my page. hopefully they help you :)

    ReplyDelete