Thursday, June 16, 2011

Giving into cravings.

I have been looking forward to Spinach + Strawberry salads all winter long. I am finally enjoying them daily. nightly.. for lunch + dinner to be more specific.
The real craving hit when I was at Good Harvest Market and I saw goat cheese... how wonderful would that be with my spinach + strawberry salad = it was phenom. :)

I also have been wanting to make some BBQ tofu for awhile.... I have some I needed to use up before my trip out of town this weekend, so use it up I did.



BBQ Tofu in the upper left hand of plate. I used a bottle of Annie's Organics Smoked Maple BBQ Sauce to marinate after pressing the tofu overnight. I sliced 1/2 small sweet onion and placed it on some foil along with the tofu and cooked on top the grill for about 10 minutes on each side or so.

It turned out delightful. Hit the spot! Speaking of using the produce up in my fridge I made some zucchini noodles and mushrooms with marinara sauce. This was fabulous and a very healthy option if you wanted to give into your craving of spaghetti!

I sliced my mushrooms and spiralized my zucchini.

Tossed it into a pan coated with 1 T of olive oil and 1/2 sweet onion.

Cook on med-high stirring often. I didn't want the "pasta" to get mushy - I wanted a bit of warmth but not hot.


I added in 1/2 jar of leftover marinara sauce to the mix and cooked a couple minutes until warm.



Top with a little NOOCH and serve! I really enjoyed this and see myself making it this summer quite a bit. I think I am going to try a raw version as well... should be interesting. :)

Friday is almost here! :)

Nichole

1 comment:

  1. i still want to buy a spiralizer! bc ill def need to be making that spaghetti :)

    ReplyDelete