Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

Yesterday was FAT Tuesday, I tried to make it an excuse to go out drinking but I decided I am better off at home getting some much needed sleep because I have been battling a head cold for the past 2 days. I have been on organic spinach overload to try to get rid of the bug with little success yet :(
I did hit the gym up last night for a sweat session and I did about 40 minutes of cardio but the rest of my  workout was short lived because I was feeling very weak. My legs felt like jello so I decided it was time to go home and eat some FAT! I accomplished this by eating an entire avacado by myself.

So with today being ASH Wednesday and the beginning of Lent, I am thinking about giving up multiple things. I have been strictly cutting out all dairy as much as I can lately and I am thinking I can do without eggs and my "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" Spray for 40 days... right? Well I BARELY eat eggs at all, just if we go out to breakfast I normally have a Veggie Scramble or if I eat pancakes eggs are normally in there as well. I can do without cheese because I have an awesome vegan cheese substitute. I could care less about cow milk because I am absultely in love with Blue Diamond's Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, I use it in my smoothies, cereal, recipes etc... with only 40 calories per serving you can not beat this stuff!!! I was also going to give up sweets. I rarely eat them so I am thinking these are not good things to give up! What if instead of giving up something, I promise to do something. Like go to church during lent. I am going to go to church tonight and start of lent right and then be able to celebrate at Easter! I guess I have all day to figure out what I am going to do... I will keep you informed on that situation.

I went to Good Harvest Market for lunch today because I had a gift card, I figured a nice hot lunch would be a good change today. The organic HOT BAR is delicious! Here are my eats from today...
                                     
Raw veggie salad with organic balsamic dressing and roasted veggies with chick peas.. I already had eaten half when I remembered to take the picture... I promise I will get better at that.

I wish you all a very healthy and happy HUMP DAY and a great LENT :)

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment