Friday, May 20, 2011

Sweet Tooth

Good morning! I am so happy about the gorgeous weather we have coming this weekend! I have a couple outings with friends planned so excited to hang out in the sun!

As I was catching up on my blog reading I came across Katie's Genius Blondies. A blondie made with chickpeas? Yes, please! I had a sweet craving and decided to make these since I had everything on hand.


Genius Blondies

Recipe from Chocolate-Covered Katie

1 can of chickpeas
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 teaspon baking soda
1/8 teaspon salt
3/4 cup brown sugar (I used 1 tsp of vanilla stevia)
1/4 cup flax seed powder
1/4 cup peanut butter



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all ingredients until very smooth. Mix in any add-ins at this time (I used carob chips) and scoop into greased 8x8 pan, I used a bread pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes.


I tried mixing all the ingredients with my food processor, but that was not working. After 10 minutes it still wasn't smooth.

I had enough of that and transferred it to my Vita-Mix. Less than a minute and I have what I am looking for.


I mixed in my carob chips but since the "dough" was so warm from the vita, they melted right away.


(bad picture late at night)

They didn't turn out as pretty as Katie's but they did taste good. I enjoyed with almond milk since they were a little dry, I think I might want to add protein powder next time!

I will be enjoying these for a healthy snack this weekend! I used Stevia and I didn't think they tasted like soap at all (Katie mentioned her friends thought the stevia batch tasted like soap)! I think if you are used to stevia it is hardly recognizable in this recipe.


Have a great weekend and I hope you enjoy some sunshine!

Nichole

4 comments:

  1. i bought CL's mom a stevia plant for mother's day. she always is carrying packets in her purse! haha

    i love blondies because there isnt any CHOCOLATE! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm glad you tried th Stevia way!!! Can't wait to make em. Enjoy the weather this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you always have the best freakin' recipes?!!? Totally making this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blondies, they look amazing! )

    ReplyDelete