Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow - Tuesdays! Week 3

I love the idea of sharing the progress of my garden every week! Thanks Cara for the idea on sharing HDYGG (How does your garden grow)! I have not yet planted my garden outside but should be doing that this weekend - yay!

Green beans are growing like crazy!


Check out my other garden posts here and here.

I planted those seeds on May 9th. Most of the seeds say to plant outside within 4-6 weeks - I am pretty much on schedule even though I might have been a week or two late when planting the seeds.... hopefully everything grows and flourishes!


Some lovely smelling lilacs I picked from my mother's house this weekend have brightened up my counter tops and let my time in the kitchen be much more enjoyable!

I am making some Massaged Kale Salad that I saw on Jessica's blog Dishin' About Nutrition.
She recently made the Green Goddess Soup that I posted about, check out her post here.



Massaged Kale Salad


1 bunch of Kale washed, dry and cut into bite size pieces
1 small or 1/2 large avacado
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Salt
Toppings such as: cucumbers, onion, bell peppers, tomatoes - whatever you have - any raw veggies are fine!

Cut avacado into pieces toss in large bowl with kale, lemon juice and a dash of salt.
Massage into kale with your hands until avacado is mashed completely and then lick your hands clean!
Add toppings and devour and feel like a Goddess when you are done! :)

I did a 30 minute kettleball workout with Jillian Michaels tonight & another 30 minutes on my eliptical. Kicking my butt! ;)

Fashion over the weekend:

Top: Express
Tank top: Forever 21
Jeans: Express
Shoes: Baker's wedges

 Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday! Muah! xo
Nichole

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo omg!!! Your plants have done so well!! I can't believe you planted them all from seeds! Looking gorgeous as usual I must add!

    ReplyDelete