Friday, December 10, 2010

Wingin the Zucchini Casserole

I have a problem. This problem would be writing down recipes as I do it. I usually wing it but when I am finished I find myself, thinking geez I would really like to share this but I can't remember my exact steps.

I am going to wing it but I am sure this recipe will be pretty close to exactly how mine came out.


Zucchini Casserole

  • 4 Cups Zucchini (cut into slices)
  • 1 Can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • Vegan Sour Cream
  • bread crumbs
  • salt, pepper, garlic
  • Vegan Butter (I used 1 stick of earth balance)
  • Daiya Shredded Cheese

In a large pot boil the zucchini until tender.


In a skillet melt butter and saute onions and garlic, remove from heat and add in sour cream and soup.
Drain zucchini and mix in, as well as half of the breadcrumb mixture.


I don't ever purchase bread crumbs, I throw some Ezekiel bread into a blender and BAM. Gorgeous breadcrumbs that are healthy :) I used 2 slices of bread here.

Pour into 3 Quart baking dish (I coating mine with earth balance).
Top with remaining bread crumbs. I also had some Daiya Vegan Cheddar Cheese to use up so I tossed it in here as well.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until hot.




NOTE: This recipe is NOT Vegan due to the Cream of Mushroom Soup.



I really enjoyed this recipe and think I will be making it again :)


Possibly might add some big mushrooms to this next time.

Enjoy!

Nichole



No comments:

Post a Comment