Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day!

I hope you are enjoying your family and friends on this glorious non-working Monday. There was a thunderstorm in Milwaukee Monday morning that lasted from 8am-10:30am and it got sunny for awhile and it is supposed to thunderstorm again later today. I love the sun, but sometimes I enjoy a rain day, it's great to clean, light some candles and enjoy the day at home. I picked up some lovely scents from Bath & Body  which I love.  I picked up a few different scents for the Wallflowers but with the fall weather I am loving Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and..............


Vanilla Caramel... yum.

Thursday night I was a concet I was very eager to go to... LADY GAGA! She played at the Bradley Center on September 2nd. She puts on a fantastic show and it was really neat seeing all the fans that dressed up like her. I mean this is the wildest costume I seen somewhere wear...

and yes someone wore it or, their own homemade version but it was pretty interesting to say none the less. I stayed pretty simple with jean capris, flip flops and a sparkly tube top.
Yep. Right there!

 I wasn't sure how long we would be walking, because of the parking situation.

This picture was taken with my Blackberry. Not too bad hey?

My Aunt Eileen and I, in front of Gaga's bus!



Watch some live video on my youtube page here.
Great concert, she sings totally live and she is so fun to watch. Great outfit changes, never been to a pop show like this, only rock concerts, but it was so much fun!!!!

Moving on...

I made some delicious Nut Butter Parsnip Fries and they were delicious.

Ingredients:

  • 3-5 medium parsnips, cut into fry like strips

  • 1-2 Tbsp almond or other nut butter

  • 2Tbsp peanut butter

  • 1 Tbsp EVOO

  • 1-2 teaspoon sea salt



Preheat oven to 400F
In a bowl mix together nut butters, olive oil and salt
Toss parsnips in the nut butter mixture and line baking sheet.
Bake for 30-40 minutes and 45 minutes for a crispier fry.

These fries were amazing!!!!!! I could not stop eating until they were gone. ENTIRELY.

Make these fries and be amazed recipe from Oh She Glows.

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment