Monday, August 30, 2010

Birthday Week, Celebrations & Sushi

Hope everyone is enjoying the last of the warm summer days, wherever you are! We have a nice warm week of 80+ degree weather in Wisconsin and I am looking forward to enjoying it!

It was my birthday last Monday and I had a great time celebrating with friends! I went out for sushi on my birthday to one of my favorite sushi restaurants, Wasabi. I love this place for 2 reasons, they have BROWN rice and they are the only sushi restaurant in Wisconsin (or so they claim) that has FRESH wasabi. I love the chopped up wasabi root instead of the paste, if you haven't tried it and it is offered you should definately go for it!

Brown rice (almost resembles chocolate)



See the fresh wasabi in the back of the salmon & avacado rolls?? YUM.



Green Tea ice cream and birthday candle? Fabulous!!
I have never tried Green Tea Ice Cream, but I did love it! It had a very unique flavor.

Looking at all these sushi pictures is making me want to eat more this week too! I think I just might have too :)

After dinner I went to Cafe Hollander in Wauwatosa, to enjoy some drinks. They have a gigantic beer menu full of Belgium beers. I enjoyed a beer sampler.

My favorite was on the far left (Gulden Draak)
Gulden Draak is a dark brown Triple Ale, which makes it an exception amonth the Belgain Triples. It balances a natural malt toffee-like sweetness with a mellow hoppiness.

I also enjoyed some more sushi on Friday night ( I am surprised I am not all sushi'ed out by now)!


Transformer Roll and some other cooked roll, first time getting "grilled rolls" & I have to say that I was NOT impressed. I guess I am a raw kinda brown rice roll girl!!!!
I definately like the roll on the left more, the one on the right I think it was called the Volcano Roll did not have any rice in it at all, and it was definately lacking.

All this sushi talk, I think I need to go eat more!!!!

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment