Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer Salads




I had such a busy day yesterday filled with lots of exercise! I started my morning out with a 24 minute lower body workout with Jackie Warner. I seriously love this woman. I am upset that the full body workout is no longer on my "on demand". I guess this how they get you to buy the DVD. Which I just might crack and buy.....
On with my day I had a great day at work and came home & walked both dogs (seperately), I could not walk a 90lb rottweiller and a 70lb black lab at the sametime. They would be pulling me in all directions! Then I went for a bicycle ride, I would say it was about 3 miles. When I got back I was craving cold veggies and I had plenty stocked in the fridge. I also wanted to try my new salad dressing..

I later realized I could easily make this stuff myself and have in the past since the ingredients list consists of apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, water, honey, garlic, onion and pepper.
Um yea.... it was still good.

Spinach, Cukes, Celery, Tomato, broccoli, crushed black pepper

With Some Yummy Daiya action

After I consumed this huge salad, I wanted something sweet...


Banana Walnut Ice Cream

1 frozen banana
1 spoonful peanut butter
1 spoonful cashew butter
cinnamon
1/4 cup almond milk
handful walnuts
1 teaspoon chia seeds

BLEND IT ALL!!

Hit the spot. Yum. 


I broke down and ordered a Vita-Mix yesterday, granted it was only a refurbished one.. let's hope it doesn't break the bank! Ha! I am so excited to use it and try lots of new recipes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment