Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Vegetarian Cafe

I had lunch with a co-worker at the fabulous Cafe Manna located in Brookfield, Wi. Cafe Manna is a cute, totally organic & vegetarian restaurant nestled in a corner of tons of little strip malls in Brookfield. I really wish this place was closer to my work so I could go there more often.

We started out with some Green Juice....

Kale, Swiss Chard, Bok Choy, 
Cucumber, Parsley, Watercress, Celery, 
Romaine, Ginger & Apple.

We also had an appetizer called the Middle Eastern Trio (not pictured). It had fresh veggies, pita chips and bread in which we dipped into either coconut cashew hummus, Baba Ganoush (eggplant dip), and Tatziki (cucumber dip). This was a great starter and not too heavy to eat your main dish.


 Crunchy Nutty Sandwich 
This had seasonal veggies with guacamole on their original raw almond bread, 
with vegetable slaw and root veggie chips. I enjoyed this very mucho!!


Peace Bowl

Brown rice & quinoa with veggies and a coconut curry sauce and topped with curry cashews.

Even though I didn't try this dish I was told it was enjoyable and I am very excited to head back to Cafe Manna very soon to try some of their new creations!

I highly recommend supporting this place especially in WI they claim to be the only 3 star certified Green Restaurant in Wisconsin. We need more places like this!!!! Fresh food, Green JUICE!, tons of vegetables and good for you food. What's not to love?

Having Green Juice today with the weather getting warmer really tempted me to break out my juicer again. The last time I juiced I could barely drink the green juice, and I blamed it on the cold weather. Green juice is more or a summer drink for me. Even though my smoothies are COLD, they are much sweeter and I guess my body was trying to tell me something when rejecting the green juice when it was 10 degrees outside. Spring is around the corner and I think I will be breaking out the juicer.... just as soon as this is done.




Nichole



No comments:

Post a Comment