Monday, February 15, 2010

Cooking with Kale

Hello it's been awhile.... even though I have some interesting eats that I have been experimenting with lately, I haven't had the time to capture the moment :(

I purchased some Kale 2 weeks ago and decided it was time to make some Kale Chips! I have heard so much about them in the past and how delicious they are and how they satisfy that salty craving you maybe having. Well these "chips" turned out great. I even got a 10 year child to try them and then continue to eat them until they were gone and we were eating the crumbs off the pan!
Kale Chips
1. wash and dry kale very well
2. preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. remove leafy greens from stem but pulling them upwards
4. tear into bite size pieces and place into bowl
5. drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil and pinch of salt onto kale
6. massage olive oil into kale so each piece is covered by the oil
7. spread out on baking sheet so none of the leaves are touching, if they touch they will steam not bake and get crispy.
ENJOY!

Another delicious creation that has been floating around the blogosphere is vegan pizzas!
I used Ezekial brand sprouted grain tortillas, and spread plain hummus on the bottom. Then a layer of tomato sauce/paste, fresh tomatos, zuccinni, spinach, vegan cheese, and sprinkled basil and italian seasoning.
Bake for 5-10 minutes at 400 degress - but you have to watch it closely so it doesn't burn and regular tortillas can take longer.
Proud of my delicious personal pizza - this baby was sooo good the vegan cheese melted and the tortilla was crispy. If I am ever craving pizza this is what I am making, all vegan all delicious.

My love for spaghetti... never ends. Below is a picture of some leftover veggie spaghetti that I poured over some raw zucchini for a quick dinner.




This is quick, easy and delicious and always satisfies my cravings for spaghetti.

That is all my interesting eats for now!

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment